Multi-Tenant Cloud Application for Windows Azure Active Directory

NOTE: this sample is outdated. The technology, methods and interface instructions have been replaced with newer features. To see an updated app that builds a similar app, please see:

C# (52.8 MB)
5 Star
3,261 times
Add to favorites
E-mail Twitter Digg Facebook
Sign in to ask a question

  • Doesn't work
    2 Posts | Last post October 03, 2013
    • Just downloaded the code and tried to use it, but it failed. It is configured to use IIS and HTTPS so the project wouldn't even load. Could you configure this app so it will run stand-alone in IIS Express, or if it really does require the full IIS for some reason, give us the instructions on what is necessary to make it work. 
    • - Go to %USERPROFILE%Documents\IISExpress\config (for example C:\Users\johndoe\Documents\IISExpress\config)
      - Open applicationhost.config in your favorite editor.
      - Search for "ExpenseReport" and in the <binding> section change "protocol=http" to "protocol=https".
      - Save the file.
      - Should be able to run the project in Visual Studio
  • Changes to controllers not taking effect
    2 Posts | Last post January 31, 2013
    • Hello,
      I noticed that making any changes to any of the controllers in this sample has no effect when debugging the application. I then noticed that the MultitenantDirectoryApp project references MultitenantDirectoryApp.dll. Does this solution run a pre-compiled version of the application, or what could be causing my changes to not take effect when debugging?
    • Thanks for the feedback!  We've confirmed the behavior you've reported.  We'll fix the solution and re-upload the sample.  In the meantime, you should be able to rebuild each of the Microsoft.IdentityModel.WAAD.Preview and MultitenantDirectoryApp assemblies into the MultitenantDirectoryApp\bin directory to debug.  Let us know if this doesn't work for you.
  • Visual Studio 2012 runs forever trying to open this solution
    4 Posts | Last post December 21, 2012
    • I had to kill this process with Task Manager - but have no idea what went wrong.
    • Forgot to unblock the zip file before extracting the content. I forgot to do that many times before, but never managed to confuse VS to that extent :-). Once I fixed this issue, I get the error message:
      https://localhost:44309 : error  : Error opening web https://localhost:44309. Unable to open the Web site 'https://localhost:44309'.  The Web server 'https://localhost:44309' could not be found.
      This is likely to be expected - but it should also be pointed out in the document describing this app
    • Thanks for the feedback Nik.  You are correct regarding the Localhost port number issue that you encountered - did you find the work-around?     I will work to get this documented and highlighted earlier, along with the link to how to work around this issue.
      Thanks, Ed
    • For those having the aforementioned error-opening-web-site issue, try the following:
      1) Close VS2012 if it is already open.
      2) Open the %userprofile%\Documents\IISExpress\config\applicationhost.config file for editing.
      3) In the <sites> section, look for the MultitenantDirectoryApp site entry, and you should see a binding within it like the following:
          <binding protocol="http" bindingInformation="*:44309:localhost" />
      4) Change the protocol to "https" and save the file.
      5) Re-open the project in VS2012.
      Hope this helps.  We are working with the relevant teams to resolve this issue.
      Thanks, Robert