This shows a simple StreamInsight application that can leverage the different hosting models and features for StreamInsight. It is built using input and output adapters from the
and a custom host application. The host application shows how to use:
- In Process Hosting
- With/Without Management Service
- With/Without Metadata Service
- Remote Instance
Different options can be configured in the application config file
- runInProcess: True to run as an in-process hosted instance. False to connect to a remote instance.
- streamInsightInstanceName: The name of the StreamInsight instance. For in-process, this is used when creating the server. When connecting remotely, this is used to build the URL to connect to instance. The service needs to be started before
- streamInsightAppName: The name of the StreamInsight application.
- managementServiceUrl: Only value in process. Specifies the URL for the management service
- outputFolder: All of the queries use the AsyncCSV Output adapter from the samples. This specifies the output folder. File names are generated.
- useMetadata: True to use metadata services. This is only valid in process.
More information on this can be found on my
Fix for a known StreamInsight 1.2 bug (see this
) and added Sql Server Ouput adapter sample, revised to shut down correctly (see this