This sample shows how to use the Windows.Devices.Sensors.Inclinometer API.
Note This sample was created using one of the universal app templates available in Visual Studio. It shows how its solution is structured so it can run on both Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1. For more info about how to build apps that target Windows and Windows Phone with Visual Studio, see Build apps that target Windows and Windows Phone 8.1 by using Visual Studio.
This sample allows the user to view the angles of incline about the X-, Y-, and Z-axis for a 3-axis inclinometer. (The incline about the X-axis corresponds to the pitch value; the incline about the Y-axis corresponds to the roll value; and the incline about the Z-axis corresponds to the yaw value.) You can choose one of three scenarios:
- Inclinometer data events
- Poll inclinometer readings
- Sensor calibration
Inclinometer Data Events
When you click the Enable button for the Inclinometer data events option, the app begins streaming inclinometer readings in real time.
Poll Inclinometer Readings
When you choose the Enable button for the Poll inclinometer readings option, the app will retrieve the sensor readings at a fixed interval.
Allows the user to simulate sensor accuracy and demonstrates usage of the calibration bar.
To obtain an evaluation copy of Windows 8.1, go to Windows 8.1.
To obtain an evaluation copy of Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Update 2, go to Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.
Note For Windows 8 app samples, download the Windows 8 app samples pack. The samples in the Windows 8 app samples pack will build and run only on Microsoft Visual Studio 2012.
Operating system requirements
Build the sample
- Start Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 and select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Select either the Windows or Windows Phone project version of the sample. Press Ctrl+Shift+B, or select Build > Build Solution.
Run the sample
The next steps depend on whether you just want to deploy the sample or you want to both deploy and run it.
Deploying the sample
- Select either the Windows or Windows Phone project version of the sample.
- Select Build > Deploy Solution.
Deploying and running the sample
- Right-click either the Windows or Windows Phone project version of the sample in Solution Explorer and select Set as StartUp Project.
- To debug the sample and then run it, press F5 or select Debug > Start Debugging. To run the sample without debugging, press Ctrl+F5 or selectDebug > Start Without Debugging.