This sample demonstrates showing multiple windows for a single app.
Specifically, this sample covers:
- Creating and showing multiple windows or views of the app. The app has one primary view and can have multiple secondary views.
- Specifying which view to show when the app is activated.
- Creating custom animations for switching between views.
To obtain an evaluation copy of Windows 8.1, go to Windows 8.1.
To obtain an evaluation copy of Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, go to Visual Studio 2013.
Note For Windows 8 app samples, download the Windows 8 app samples pack. The samples in the Windows 8 app samples pack will build and run only on Microsoft Visual Studio 2012.
- Windows app samples
Operating system requirements
Build the sample
- Start Visual Studio 2013 and select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Go to the directory in which you unzipped the sample. Go to the directory named for the sample, and double-click the Visual Studio 2013 Solution (.sln) file.
- Press F7 or use Build > Build Solution to build the sample.
Run the sample
To debug the app and then run it, press F5 or use Debug > Start Debugging. To run the app without debugging, press Ctrl+F5 or use Debug > Start Without Debugging.